Wednesday, August 1, 2012

For the Birds

Hello friends!  I'm here today with not one, not two, but THREE cards for the current CASology Challenge following this cue:


I've noticed that all of the winning cards of the past four challenges have been on white card bases...maybe coincidence, I'm not sure.  At any rate, I made two cards on white card bases but another on a blue Hero Arts note card.  (I think I like the blue one best to be honest!)

My first card uses a felt bird I found in a package at Michael's...couldn't wait to use this fella!  Using the Papertrey Ink Wreath for All Seasons stamp set, I stamped the wreath in Walnut Stain distress ink twice, then added the dots in Pool mid-tone ink.  I added light blue Stickles to the wreath for a little sparkle.  Finally, I embossed the sentiment in white and added the bird on a small pop dot. 


Here's a close-up of the felt bird...it came with the gem on the eye and everything!


My next two cards use a white base and a Cuttlebug embossing folder border.  The sentiments on both cards are from the Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler. 

I colored this image with colored pencils and added a small black enamel dot to the eye.



I love these little "Calendar Chicks" from Stampendous!  I colored this "Flower Chick" with colored pencils and added black enamel to the flower centers (see close-up below).



  

I am really loving these clean and simple challenges every week!  Honestly, I'm happy I've been able to make any cards at all this week...I've been staying up WAY too late at night watching the Olympics and I am dog tired in the morning!  (They are worth watching, though...very exciting stuff!)

Have a great day,
Judy

16 comments:

  1. This is such a great challenge, since birds are a favorite subject of mine. Love all of yours, Judy, they each have a different "feel" to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are great! I love that you used the wreath that looks a bit like a nest! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the second two cards. So whimsical and the embossed frames are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sweet set of cards, judy... each one is lovely, but the first is my fav! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so cute, Judy! I ADORE the first one with the sweet, felt birdie, and your other two cards are so fun with the embossing and adorable images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your bird themes, Judy! I love how the embossing spotlights each cutie! Thanks so much for your kind words on my MF win. I'm still in a daze....

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are ALL great super CAS bird cards, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first card really tugs at my heart! Love that little bird nestled in the wreath! And I love how you've framed the other two! The sentiment font is perfect with the whimsical images! P.S. I know what you mean about watching the Olympics! They are so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're all great cards!! But I will agree with you too...something about that blue card...draws me in! :) Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute little birdies - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three cards, so much mojo! Lucky you! I love your little felt birdie and that cute little chick from Stampendous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy your cards are all gorgeous. Good luck with the challlenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three lovely cards, Judy, but the blue one is my favourite. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww I like each and every one of your cards. What wonderful creations and I'm sure they'll bring a smile to the recipient. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic cards Judy! The bird just pops on that blue background. I also love how you framed those super cute images.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy