Sunday, October 16, 2011

Did you hear about "Cards That Care?"

Hello, friends!  I just wanted to give you all a heads up that Vera W. Yates (Ling) has once again begun a card drive for the elderly this holiday season. 

Do you remember that last year she ran the Caring Hearts Card Drive and sent Thanksgiving and holiday cards to nursing home residents? 

Well, this year she has paired up with Jennifer McGuire to start the Cards That Care card drive. 

Here are the details as described by Vera at her blog:

______________________________________________________________

  • This card drive will be going on till November 31, 2011. We will need to receive your cards by November 31, 2011.
  • Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card, your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
  • All cards need to have a message in it. Please also sign your name and where you are from. On the card envelope, write your name on the top left corner. Also, please don't seal the envelope.
  • Please stick to just cards.
  • You can mail the cards to either one of us:

Jennifer McGuire                        Vera Yates
P.O. Box 428612
                         P.O Box 17596
Cincinnati, OH 45242                  Sugar Land, TX 77496

  • In each package, PLEASE include a piece of paper with your name, address, email address and how many cards you sent. This helps us in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance. So the more cards you send, the better your chances.

To thank you for your generosity in supporting this drive, they have several PRIZES ready for several winners. There will be many winners and remember… the more cards you send the better your chances. :)
______________________________________________________________
 
 
I just wanted to share this information because I think it is so worthwhile!  It's nice that there are prizes, but I'm really in this for the personal rewards (knowing I did something thoughtful for someone else at the holidays).  I do hope you will join in this card drive...I'll be sure to share the cards I make here in the coming days!
Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

3 comments:

  1. Yep, heard about it. I participated last year and want to do the same again this year. It's a really great cause. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this Judy because I wasn't aware of this info. Just wondering about your package and if it arrived yet. It got sent 2 days later than I had thought. Hubby took it to work but mail it until later in the evening. So sorry about that but you should have gotten it late this week or sometime this week for sure. Let me know okay. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Judy for the heads up on this card drive! I am going to try to make some cards while I am in Denver visiting my son. (Mailing a box of supplies out in order to do so!)

    Like you, it will be good to know that someone will get a card that for the holidays that otherwise may not!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy