Friday, April 8, 2011

April Hero Arts Sketch Card

Hello, friends!  This is my second post for the day...that's what happens when baseball and softball get rained out, I get to make cards!

I was so excited to see the sketch choices for this month's challenge at the Hero Arts blog...I am finding that sketches are a huge help for me when my creative mojo is lacking.  Here are the sketch choices for this month:


I was immediately drawn to the oval-shaped sketch because I was lucky enough to come across a $1 pack of egg-shaped Studio G cards at the local craft store.  ("Yay me!")  I also happened to have some patterned paper with complimenting colors, so I went from there.  I added the Happy Easter sentiment from the Hero Arts "Celebrate Everyday" set and dressed up a Hero Hues artistic flower with a coordinating button.  Here is my take on the sketch:

Materials Used: (CL498) Celebrate Everyday; (S5433) Large Canvas Stripes; (CG139) Cling Dots;
Hero Arts Pool shadow ink; Hero Hues Latte Art Flower; Martha Stewart "Doily Lace" border punch;
DCWV "Garden Party" patterned paper; button; floss; pearl

Thanks for stopping by!
Judy




2 comments:

  1. Judy, I love this card! The colors are so fun together and beautiful pairing of stamps! Your dotty flower is the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these colors together, and this is a perfect card for Easter! Well done, Judy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy