Friday, April 29, 2011

In Sympathy and Friendship - PDCC#79 and CSC#37

Hello, friends!  I'm here today with a sympathy card I made for a friend.  I followed the color scheme outlined in this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge #79 using grey, lime green, and red.  Once again, a color scheme I found quite challenging -- but fun!  Plus, the guest designer this week is super talented  Kelly Rasmussen, and the sponsor is my favorite all time company... Hero Arts!  I just HAD to play along!


I also followed the CASE Study Challenge #37  inspired by the card designed by their April Muse, Silke Ledlow.  Isn't this beautiful?


The card I made uses a card base from the We R Memory Keepers Restoration Urban Window collection that has a pretty floral pattern with greys, greens and blues.  I added the strip of green cardstock (also from the Urban Window collection) punched with a MS "Doily Lace" border punch and layered onto red cardstock, then finished with Prima flowers and grey pearl centers.  The sentiment (by My Sentiments Exactly) is stamped with grey pigment ink, with some Peeled Paint distress ink around the edges. Here's how it turned out...

Materials Used:  We R Memory Keepers Restoration Urban Window card; My Sentiments Exactly (M123) Sympathy Sentiments; Anna Griffin Grey pigment ink pad; Tim Holtz Peeled Paint distress ink; Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Lables Eight, Prima flowers, grey pearls.


Before I go, I have to mention the Royal Wedding in London today; unfortunately I did not get to watch it as it happened but I caught highlight footage of it later in the day.  Did you all get a chance to see this photo taken as the royal couple kissed on the balcony and the crowds roared with cheers?  Apparently they were cheering a bit too loudly for someone's taste. Too cute!

Britain's Prince William kisses his wife Kate, Duchess of Cambridge on the
balcony of Buckingham Palace after the Royal Wedding in London Friday, April, 29, 2011

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter...ours was wonderful!
Have a great day!
Judy

15 comments:

  1. Judy, you used these difficult colors so beautifully! I just love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great job with the colors Judy! And I love your blog banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card for the PDCC challenge, Judy! I'm still thinking about entering :) Your second card is beautiful, too.

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog - I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful take on this difficult challenge, Judy! Well done! And no, I didn't notice the little one there - great picture, thanks for the share!! Also, thanks so much for your sweet, kind words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real BEAUTY Judy!!! LOVE that you played along with us at The PLay Date Cafe :) hugs, TRace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Judy! I just love that flowery background! You did so great with these colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card, Judy! That background paper is just perfect for highlighting your sentiment...and those red accents...so eye catching and gorgeous! What a great job with both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful take on the inspiration card. very pretty card, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful Judy! Using 2 challenges as inspiration really worked so well in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and such a lovely sympathy sentiment. Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a cute little girl holding her ears! THat's adorable. Your card is absolutely lovely. I'm sure your friend appreciated it. THanks for playing with us at The Play DAte CAfe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card - I love the way the red really 'pops'!
    I did spot that little girl whist watching the Royal Occasion over here and we did giggle! She'll love that picture when she's older ;D
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wasn't the wedding beautiful! I loved seeing her holding her ears, she looked really grumpy too! Great card for our challenge this week. Thanks for playing along with us at Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning combo of challenges Judy, just love the boarder punch!!
    We enjoyed the royal wedding so much too, always one for a bit of romance and glamour!!
    Thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty and such a great, unique spin on these bright colors; somehow you made the vibrant colors look much softer. It works well! Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy