Monday, January 31, 2011

Case Study Challenge #24

Hello, friends! Just stopping by with a quick card I made for the Case Study Challenge #24.  Mercy's inspiration card is so pretty, isn't it?


I love this layout and the colors, too.  I was also inspired by the cards across the bottom of page 17 of the Hero Arts 2011 Catalog, using pretty backgrounds with a sentiment and flowers.  All wonderful inspiration cards!

For my card, I stamped the large canvas striped background using Soft Rose shadown ink.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is stamped in Punch chalk ink with the friend definition stamped in the background using Tim Hotlz Spun Sugar distess ink.  I embossed the flowers and leaves from the Blossom Art set onto patterned papers and cut them out, mounting the center flower on a pop dot for some depth.  A simple birthday card...

Hero Arts Stamps Used:  (CL495) Blossom Art; (S5433) Large Canvas Stripes;
(CG125) Friend Definition; (CL350) Big All Time Greetings

I also want to say a big congratulations to Linda Wetterlin (a.k.a. "ScrappinBari") over at the Hero Arts blog...she was the first new "Hero Arts Hostess" named this week and she TOTALLY deserves it!  She has joined the ranks of 27 other fabulously talented ladies and I can't wait to see what she creates in her reign as hostess! 

That's it for today...take good care,
Judy

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Judy! I really like the combination of the flowers against the striped background! And I love seeing your new picture over there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on the inspiration card, Judy! Love your flowers and the striped background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so very pretty Judy! Delicate and lovely colors, I love the set that contains those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet congrats, Judy! And for sharing your blog link - now you'll have another follower :)

    Love your beautiful flowers against the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so gorgeous! I love the flowers, and the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy, this is lovely. Love the flowers. Thank you so much for signing up to follow my blog. Really appreciate it. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First just wanted to say sorry for not being here much, but things have been hectic on the home front, but I have been thinking about you none the less. This card is so pretty. I love your take on the flowers and love the different colours in each flower. The big letter sentiment is just so great and really makes a statement. Thanks for sharing this with us all. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy